Friday, June 14, 2013

Casey Cadile (1973-2013)

Dear Team Casey,

Our family wanted to share the news that Casey passed away yesterday afternoon. She was surrounded by her husband Sean, her mom Sue, and me (her sister Shannon), and slipped away peacefully and without pain. As you can imagine, we are beyond heartbroken.

To all who met her, it was immediately apparent that Case was someone special: in addition to being the smartest person I ever met, she had an incredible heart, adventurous spirit, and unlimited courage. She could light up a room with her smile, bring down the house with her hilarious stories, and instantly connect with all animals (people included) with her warmth.

I posted a few photos of her over the years – some of you will recognize the earlier pictures (with her horse, in vet school with Summer, partying in Southern California) while others may know the more recent ones (backstage at a Metallica show, at my wedding, and of course her wedding at Burning Man with Sean). We’ll be in touch with details for a celebration of Case’s life but if you are interested in making a gift in her memory, Casey chose three organizations for your consideration: Sempervirens Fund, Save the Redwoods League, and Surfrider Foundation. Love from our family to yours, and thank you for being such incredible friends to Case. You meant the world to her. --Shannon













5 comments:

  1. Dear Casey: Rest in peace, Beautiful Girl. -Reena, Castilleja Alumna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt Casey wouldve barely remembered me. I volunteered at the zoo with her, so we're talkin like 20 years ago. I work in the veterinary industry now, and just recently saw her name, and memorial, on the Sage website... I wish to extend my condolences and sympathies for the family. I too recently lost a good friend to the Fuckin Cword. - Joshua Butler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow – this is terrible to see. Casey and I were only close for a short time, but I look back fondly on those days even though things didn’t work out. Her passion for life was inspiring. Happy to see that a photo from my place in LA made the cut for the collection above – fun times, to say the least. Rest in peace, Case – you were special. - geoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that I this has happened. I met Casey because of my dog. I then got to know her because of her cancer. I interviewed her and have 3 audio recordings I would love to share with her friends and family. DAMN CANCER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this last comment Geoff! (Urban Dog Walker) PLEASE message me brianfkent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete